Kilombero Sugar Company Limited, Vacancies, july 2023 - Millkun

Kilombero Sugar Company Limited, Vacancies, july 2023

Kilombero Sugar Company Limited
Kilombero Sugar Company Limited

Kilombero Sugar Company Limited; KSCL is part of the Illovo Sugar Africa Group, Africa’s biggest sugar producer with extensive agricultural and manufacturing operations in six African countries; including South Africa, Malawi, Mozambique, Eswatini, Zambia and Tanzania. Illovo Sugar Africa is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Associated British Foods plc (ABF), listed on the London Stock Exchange.

Located at Kidatu within Kilombero Valley, the Company operates two agricultural estates and sugar mills; Msolwa and Ruembe located in the Districts of Kilombero and Kilosa respectively and separated by the Great Ruaha River, within Morogoro Region.

KSCL has the largest crop estate in Tanzania covering 26,000 hectares; 10,000 ha belonging to KSCL and approximately 16,000 ha from the small holder farmers – Kilombero Growers.  The company currently produces 126,000 tons of sugar per annum.

The company’s supply chain includes approximately 8,000 grower farmers supplying about 600,000 tonnes of cane every year. 45% of the sugarcane crushed by KSCL is supplied by independent farmers; the remaining 55% comes from the company’s own land. Over 200 businesses have been registered in the Kilombero valley as a result of this supply chain.


Kilombero Sugar Company Limited
Kilombero Sugar Company Limited

Job Purpose

Adopt and embed best practices, minimum standards, policies, processes, tools, technology and enablers through the Illovo Outbound Logistics Way and capability development strategy.

Specific Duties And Responsibilities

  • Be responsible for SHERQ in the warehouse, through communication, training, management and monitoring of adherence to procedures and standards
  • Ensure that warehouses and depots are adequately secured and protected
  • Track, control and reconcile stock / inventory and product movements in and out of the warehouse, and account for all variances
  • Ensure warehouse re-order levels are maintained by triggering DRP movements to all warehouses and depots
  • Oversee satellite warehouse, and operate same as extension of the mill warehouse
  • Oversee the effectiveness of warehouse processes for inbound receipt handling, storage, stacking and dispatch of product to ensure adherence to standard procedures, optimization of turnaround times and minimization of damages
  • Manage stock ledgers and ensure reconciliation of physical and theoretical stock on hand
  • Manage correct operation and maintenance of warehouse material handling equipment to ensure consistent availability and safe handling of product
  • Ensure that orders dropped on the warehouse are effectively picked and staged as per the instructions from the CSC and Logistics to effect the on time delivery execution of customer orders
  • Provide input to and effectively manage the warehouse budget on a daily/weekly/monthly basis
  • Work with Outbound Logistics Manager to identify and implement ‘fit for purpose’ technology to enable effective Outbound Logistics and Warehouse management
  • Oversee the entrenchment of enablers to promote success (e.g. systems and processes)
  • Oversee effective talent and performance management within function.

Employment type



Related post


CVPeople Tanzania Vacancies, july 2023

Forensic Investigator Vacancy at Absa Group Tanzania, july 2023

Vacancies at WTS Energy Arusha, july 2023