Q-Sourcing Servtec Group Vacancies; Q-Sourcing Limited, trading as Q-Sourcing Servtec, is a manpower management solutions firm operating in the East African Region in the countries of Tanzania, Uganda, Kenya, Rwanda, and South Sudan.On behalf of one of our Tanzania based client, we are looking for a competent and experienced Vulnerability Officer Tanzania.
Duties And Responsibilities
The Vulnerability Officer is responsible for:
- Develop a detailed understanding of the suite of EACOP RAPs, livelihood restoration plans and vulnerable peoples’ plan in each RAP
- Support the implementation of the RAP Implementation monitoring programme across all project work areas
- Maintain vulnerable households register (VHR) – liaising with the Zonal team leads, Livelihoods Manager to identify Project Affected Households that need urgent follow up or extended support (VHR remains stable but additional needs are identified separately)
- Receive from RAP teams details of PAPs requiring to be on a close watch list and follow up to review and confirm
- Monitor all physically displaced PAPs in designated work areas on a monthly basis for first 12 months then quarterly including their receipt of transitional support, and participation in relevant livelihoods programmes
- Quarterly monitoring of PAPs in following categories – 3000 vulnerable households category 1 and 2 (excluding tenants); Livelihood Restoration Groups 2 and 3 and vulnerable households in group 5 (visit should be staggered with other livelihoods teams visits)
- Oversight of category 3 PAPs through a planned monitoring programme
- Monitoring of PAHs receiving transitional support on a monthly basis, identify any weaknesses and corrective actions especially during cash transfer periods
- Support to vulnerable households in the filing and resolution of grievances
- Coordinating with Grievance Administrator to ensure that all grievances are addressed, and questions answered in a timely manner and feedback communicated back
- If requested, support the relocation of physically displaced PAPs to their replacement housing and ensure understanding of replacement housing maintenance requirements
- Identify and implementing any specific measures required to support vulnerable households identified as recipients of livelihood restoration support to participate in the implementation of these programmes
- Identifying any accessibility challenges for vulnerable PAPs to participate in livelihood restoration programmes
- Collecting and transmitting to Zonal Lead requested vulnerability monitoring data and relevant reports
- Prepare and submit daily, weekly and monthly reports to the Zonal Lead as required by the reporting system
- Provide any additional support to the Livelihoods Restoration and wider land team as required.
Context and environment
- The Vulnerability Officer will be field based with frequent coordination with colleagues in the Zonal team and Dar based Livelihood Restoration team
- The Vulnerability Officer is expected to interface with field based stakeholder engagement teams
- The Vulnerability Officer is expected to interface with PAPs, communities and other key stakeholders.
- The Vulnerability Officer is responsible for supporting and monitoring physically displaced and vulnerable households during the RAP Implementation process including the delivery of their in kind compensation entitlements.
- The Vulnerability Officer maintains the vulnerable households register and the monitoring of category 1 and 2 households.
- Advanced Degree in Social Sciences, Anthropology, Community Development, Environmental Sciences/ Management or related discipline, required
- 10 – 15 years of professional experience in working with rural communities required, industry or public sector project experience, preferred
- Experience implementing livelihoods, vulnerability or community development projects, required
- Experience with monitoring and evaluation of livelihoods, resilience or vulnerability programmes, required
- Excellent communication skills with a proven ability to develop and maintain good relations with stakeholders, negotiation, conflict management skills required
- Proven ability to multitask, work independently, and deliver meaningful reports to senior management essential
- Excellent and proven data management skills and attention to detail required
- Excellent Computer and analytical skills, including excel required
- Fluency in English and Swahili (written and spoken) essential.
How to apply
All candidates who meet the criteria outlined as above are encouraged to send their CVs/Resumes to: or link below not later than 29th July 2023https://qsourcingservtec.applytojob.com/apply/0ueA68YfUg/QSSTEACOP-VOTVULNERABILITY-OFFICER-TANZANIA