New job vacancy at Canadian Tire Corporation-Decision Support Analyst; Canadian Tire Corporation is one of Canada’s most iconic and trusted companies, we proudly provide customers from coast-to-coast with innovative products and services. From winter snow to summer sun, We Are Here to Make Life in Canada Better.
Canadian Tire Corporation has assembled the brightest business minds across multiple disciplines to lead us in becoming the undisputed #1 Retail Brand in Canada.
At Canadian Tire Corporation, we do business the Canadian Tire Way, grounded in a common set of values and guided by a set of ethical standards known as our Code of Business Conduct.
Canadian Tire Corporation’s (CTC) rich heritage of serving Canadians from coast-to-coast dates back to 1922. Our vision is to become the #1 retail brand in Canada and we are focused on innovating and making important investments in our business, especially when it comes to our people.
To reach our goal, we need the best talent to help us evolve and drive change across the business – and boldly help shape Canada’s retail industry. As we strive to be at the forefront of a complex and vastly changing retail industry, it is an exciting time to join the Canadian Tire family of companies.
At Canadian Tire we work flexibly embracing ‘Hybrid’ whereby individuals utilize a combination of working at a CTC campus and or virtually in service of outcomes. Determined by managers, decisions around work location will be made based on business and team needs and grounded in a desire to support individual well-being and personal needs.
Our goal is to empower teams and individuals to make the right decisions for them, and we expect that to look different for everyone.
Also read New job vacancy at MeTL Group-Service Delivery Manager
Our Commitment to students
• Work in an environment that supports, and fosters knowledge sharing and provides key experiences to increase capabilities through projects or objectives.
• There will be specific and measurable objectives/goals that will support learning & achieving relevant business deliverables.
• Continue to support Canadian Tire’s culture of learning from others, continuous improvement, agility, growth and innovation.
• Investment in the community to create a talented diverse workforce for Canada and Canadian Tire’s future.
• Building & strengthening student social engagement throughout their education and pursuit of their career through ongoing communication and relationship building.
The Decision Support Student role is to participate in developing, testing and support of applications and processes in our Operations Planning Centre (OPC) to enable day to day decision making and support product flow in the most efficient possible manner.
The Decision Support Student will work closely with rest of the Decision Support team, IT and business stakeholders to provide technical expertise, business knowledge, supply chain understanding, reporting, analysis and coordination on essential Supply Chain processes and objectives at the OPC.
They are technical and interested in acquiring business knowledge to facilitate the rapid deployment and enhancement of cost reducing applications.
• Develop, document and maintain applications while aligning to IT and industry coding, database standards.
• Participate in support and maintenance of existing applications including documentation and code maintenance ensuring the assigned applications run as efficiently and smoothly as possible.
• Support the business in decision making by providing ad-hoc information, reports and databases as required.
• Work with users to understand, define and document business and technical needs and translate such needs into user’s requirements.
• Participate in recommendation of different alternatives and be able to clearly communicate pros/cons of each.
• Commit to and actively work to apply knowledge of latest coding languages, database software, system, standards etc.
• Develop working knowledge and gain experience with business processes and systems in order to participate in delivery of effective solutions for various groups within OPC.
Job Qualifications & Experience
• Exceptional communication skills with the confidence and passion to share knowledge
• Creative thinker who is observant to seek new opportunities and perceptive to abstract ideas
• Goal driven individual to seek out continuous improvement opportunities
• The ability to take a collaborate approach to build strong relationships and have positive team experiences
• Flexible and dynamic individual who is able to adjust and prioritize accordingly to adapt to business demands and requirements
• Solid foundation of relevant technical skills
• Demonstrates behaviours of transparency, accountability agility and learning from others that will support your success.
• Undertaking a post-secondary education in Computer Science, Business, Supply Chain Management or a relevant discipline
• Working knowledge in software and database development.
• Microsoft Office skills (MS Access, MS Excel) with exposure to process diagram software (ie: MS Visio).
• Working knowledge in Big Data and Data Science related technologies an asset.
• Ability to learn how to drive functionality of business software packages through configuration and testing (ie: TMS technologies)
• Prioritization skills and ability to cope with competing and changing objectives.
• Strong analytical skills.
• Ability to thrive and contribute to a learning environment within the Decision Support team
• 0 to 2 years of experience in full lifecycle of application development, database design, and implementation. Experience in creation and maintenance of UML-based documentation would be an asset.
Canadian Tire and its family of companies are boldly shaping retail in Canada and we continue to deliver a positive experience for our customers. As one of the most trusted brands in Canada, our employees take pride in the work we do across the country.
It’s more than the iconic triangle that keeps our employees around. From benefits and perks, to learning and development opportunities, to our commitment to Jumpstart – these are some of the many reasons why Canadian Tire Corporation is one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies.
TO APPLY CLICK THE LINK BELLOW;