New job vacancy at Prime health Initiative Tanzania(PHIT)-Geita,PHIT is a local registered Non- Profit organization established in the year 2021 having an aim to Innovate, serve and sustain the welfare of community in areas of Health, social, access to information, and environment human rights promotional activities and to build a good socially responsible society. Aiming to look for the development of the communities, empower them towards their sustainability.
PHIT intends to implement effective public health interventions through the use of scientific based and client centered approaches within Tanzania and beyond”.
At Prime health Initiative Tanzania(PHIT)
We are searching for a motivated and experienced project manager to work with the PHIT HQ team to oversee the Mlinde Mama project’s implementation. In addition to leading the coordination with the project’s various stakeholders, such as the Ministry of Health, PORALG, Regional office, and DHMTs, not to mention other implementing partners in the area, the Program Manager will be in charge of overseeing all daily project activities.
• Develop and manage (coordinate, prepare and follow up on) the detailed digital health and health innovations engagement plan in consultation with the stakeholders internally and externally.
• Key liaison person and coordinator with key government project stakeholders MOH, PORALG and RCHMTs.
• Assist in identifying areas for new research, investment, innovation, and technologies with high potential for impact to the strategic initiatives of TGI.
• Help the development of key relationships with other collaborators to enable establishment of partnerships that advance strategic goals of PHIT
• Monitor critical path activities and highlight key risks in advance to enable mitigation plans for the health innovations.
• Provide technical oversight for the implementation to ensure on the ground activities mirror the plan and highlight areas for improvement
• Manage incoming support issues from the customers and ensure a timely, complete response for the issue
• Complete the monthly reporting and progress cycle for the clients.
• Establish a road map for the health innovation and health accelerator unit
• Engage with key stakeholders to identify opportunities and scale the health innovation
• Demonstrate commitment to PHIT’s values, including performing to an exceptionally high ethical standard and focus on integrity, collaboration, and teamwork in all efforts.
• Any other responsibilities as needed and specified
As a Team Manager:
• Lead and assist with program planning, implementation, evaluation, and reporting.
• Ensure direct reports understand and comply with PHIT’s Policies and procedures, standard operating practices, ethical practice (with respect to research) and the legislative environment.
• Be responsible for managing performance of direct reports, including the completion of plans, and agreeing on work and personal objectives and reviewing such plans and objectives, in accordance with PHIT’s Performance Management and Development Policy.
• Act as a role model and ensure the team’s commitment to PHIT’s values, ensuring direct reports perform to a high ethical standard and focus on integrity, collaboration, and teamwork in all efforts
• Oversee compliance of Donor financial policy guidelines, policies and procedure of Government of Tanzania relating to all statutory requirements (PAYE, WHT, SDL, WCF, NSSF, HESLB) and any other income tax.
• In collaboration with HQ finance team, review and Approve budget for regional activities.
• Bachelor’s / Master’s degree in either of medicine /public health/ engineering / health information sciences or relevant degree
• Over 3 years’ experience in field implementation of digital health / public health projects in Tanzania or LMIC
• Prior experience in the health innovations
• Experience in RMNCAH or related programs Desirable criteria
• Over 5 years’ experience in public health management working for a health care provider or research institution or health incubator/accelerator
• Experience working in a multinational organization
• Experience managing digital health interventions Skills required
• Excellent organizational, planning, negotiating and problem-solving skills
• Knowledge and understanding of innovation in health and development, including social innovations, technology innovations, business model and process innovations, and the various enablers of innovation, including digital tools, and the requirements for successful scaling and sustaining of innovations.
• Exemplary interpersonal skills (e.g., an excellent team player, with a demonstrable ability to work with flexibility, efficiency, and diplomacy in a challenging environment) that will quickly gain the govern official’s confidence.
• Understanding and track record of compliance (due diligence) with confidentiality and privacy laws
• Excellent teamwork[/leadership] skills, with demonstrated ability to collaborate in small teams and with a wide range of varying stakeholders.
• Ability to demonstrate flexibility and to be adaptable to changing organizational priorities and ambiguous environments.
• Strong focus on producing the highest quality of work and on ensuring optimum accuracy of outputs.
• Well organized and efficient, with the capacity to work under pressure.
• Any professional certifications in program management a plus