New International Education Scholarships 2022-23 – Government of Ireland, The Higher Education Authority (HEA) of the Government of Ireland is announcing the award of 2022 Government of Ireland International Education Scholarships 2022-23 Programme (GOI-IES).
To internationalize Irish education, the GOI offers 60 scholarships for eligible applicants to pursue a degree at Bachelor, Masters or Ph.D. levels who hold a placement offer at an eligible Irish higher education institution. This is a great opportunity for students from Afghanistan to apply and get the chance to take education in Ireland.
Various Irish universities
Fields of study
All fields but subject to the availability of a place.
Scholarship benefits The scholarship provides
• A €10,000 fund for one year’s study covers students’ living costs and study costs.
• A full waiver of all tuition and other registration costs at the higher education institution
• The scholarship is designed to be value-adding to the students’ subsequent life and career.
Eligible Higher Education Institutions The following is a list of all institutions eligible to offer the government of Ireland Scholarship 2022-23:
• American College Dublin
• College of Computing Technology, Dublin
• Dublin Business School
• Dublin City University
• Dún Laoghaire Institute of Art, Design and Technology
• Dundalk Institute of Technology
• Galway Business School
• Galway-Mayo Institute of Technology
• Griffith College, Dublin
• ICD Business School, Dublin
• Independent College, Dublin
• Institute of Technology, Carlow
• Institute of Technology, Sligo
• Letterkenny Institute of Technology
• Limerick Institute of Technology
• Mary Immaculate College, Limerick
• Maynooth University
• Munster Technological University
• National College of Art and Design, Dublin
• National College of Ireland, Dublin
• National University of Ireland, Galway
• Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland
• Technological University Dublin
• Trinity College Dublin
• University College Cork
• University College Dublin
• University of Limerick
• Waterford Institute of Technology Eligibility criteria
• The scholarship is available to highly deserving students from non-EU/EEA countries.
• Applicants must be originally citizens and residents of a Non-EU country.
The scholarship is open to
• The last year of an undergraduate program;
• One year of a taught master’s degree program or;
• One year of a research program (meaning that one year of a 2-year research master’s or a 3-4-year Ph.D. program)
• Applications are welcome from underrepresented cohorts to study in Ireland.
• The HEA will regard gender balance in the selection of scholarship awardees.
Candidates’ profile Applicants should possess
• Excellence (academically, personally, professionally, creatively);
• Excellent communication skills;
• Extra curriculum achievements (such as humanitarian work; politics local, national, international; arts; sports);
• Possess strong motivation for pursuing their study in Ireland that indicates how a GOI-IES suits their longer-term goals. You may want to apply to other fantastic scholarships:
• Zis Scholarships for Young Individuals Worldwide to Travel to Different Countries (700 Euro given)
• Master of Science in Global Urban Health (MSc GUH) at University of Freiburg, Germany
• “MSc in Public Policy and Human Development Program” at Maastricht University, Netherlands
• “Ph.D. Program on Innovation, Economics, and Governance for Development” at UNU, Netherlands Evaluation Establishing an independent International Assessment Panel, the HEA will evaluate the applications received.
The Assessment Panel will consider the extent to which the applications satisfy the criteria of the 2022 Call as outlined above.
How to apply? Interested applicants may apply online through the online admission portal and submit their applications while uploading all required documents.
Apply Now Required documents The applications must cover the following, as requested in the online application tool:
• Academic qualifications, achievements, and/or work experience
• Personal Statement (read the details through the link below).
• Two reference letters Note: Any questions regarding the scholarship announcement should be directed to GOI-IES@hea.ie no later than the deadline.
Visit the official website of the Ireland government scholarships to learn more about it and better prepare yourself for application. For more and recent opportunities, please refer to our new website: www.scholarships.af