About the job
Banyan Global is an international development consulting firm committed to improving livelihoods through market approaches for a broad and lasting impact. The firm is headquartered in Washington, DC with staff working in a number of developing countries. Banyan Global operates seamlessly within six practice areas health, finance and investment, enterprise development, gender, youth, and evaluation and learning.
Banyan Global is recruiting a Chief of Party for an anticipated Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) platform for USAID/Tanzania. The Chief of Party will be responsible for the technical, contractual, and financial compliance and performance of services delivered under the award. The position is full-time, based in Dar es Salaam, and contingent on funding.
Lead all project planning, implementation, and evaluation;
- Serve as the primary point of contact with and represent the project to USAID, implementing partners, host country officials, and other relevant stakeholders;
- Provide leadership in and oversight to performance and impact evaluations, sector and baseline assessments, research and analysis, performance monitoring and evaluation capacity building, knowledge management, and collaborating, learning, and adapting;
- Proactively identify resources required by the project, including consultants and subcontractors, and develop scopes of work for the same;
- Ensure the quality and timeliness of all contract deliverables and work products;
- Directly or indirectly supervise all project staff and consultants;
- Ensure adherence to all relevant USG, Banyan Global, and host country rules, regulations, and laws, including those related to procurement and labor and employment; and
- Other related duties as assigned.
- At least 15 years of professional experience in international development, including overseas leadership positions;
- At least eight years of experience related to monitoring, evaluation, and learning;
- Experience on youth empowerment programming and familiarity with the Positive Youth Development framework;
- Previous Chief of Party experience or equivalent (e.g., Team Leader, Country Director) on a USAID-funded award;
- Demonstrated familiarity with USAID’s Program Cycle, monitoring and evaluation requirements, and collaborating, learning, and adapting principles; and
- Graduate degree in relevant field.
- Professional experience in Tanzania; and
- Leadership experience on MEL platforms or similar programs.