Britam Dar es Salaam, Tanzania has announced job opportunities; Britam is a leading diversified financial services group, listed on the Nairobi Securities Exchange. The group has interests across the Eastern and Southern Africa region, with operations in Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Rwanda, South Sudan, Mozambique and Malawi. The group offers a wide range of financial products and services in Insurance, Asset management, Banking and Property.
- To supervise cashiers ensuring all receipts and payments are properly posted in correct account codes
- To ensure prompt and accurate receipting of company monies in form of Cash, Cheque or remittance advice for electronic transfers.
- To perform bank reconciliations and ensuring that unreconciled items are followed up timely.
- To ensure that all Cash and Cheques received are banked promptly as per the company policies.
- To review, verify and monitor the petty cash accounting.
- To maintain Fixed Asset Register of the company.
- To ensure correct accounting of investments and investments income and preparation of investments schedules.
- To monitor the general ledger ensuring that all transactions are posted into correct accounts and carry out regular reconciliations and ensure reconciliations statements are prepared and reviewed on monthly basis.
- To assist in preparation of monthly management accounts by ensuring that accrual and prepayment schedules are prepared on timely fashion.
- To make sure that all statutory returns (i.e. VAT, Withholding tax) are accurately filed and paid to the authorities in time
- To maintain relevant supporting documents for all transactions (filing). All receipts and payments must be supported by relevant documents.
- To attend to internal and external auditors.
- To train, develop, supervise and mentor the direct reports.
- To perform any other duties assigned by supervisor(s).
- Deliver on performance requirements as defined in the departments’ strategy map, Balanced Scorecard and Personal Scorecard.
Experience and qualifications Required
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Actuarial or any relevant qualification
- CPA (T) or equivalent professional Qualification
- Five (5) years’ experience in a similar position desirable
- Analytical, problem solving and organizational skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Clear and concise verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of insurance regulatory requirements
- Proficiency in computerized accounting applications such as AIMS, SIRIUS,ERP, INSIS systems and Microsoft office software (word, excel, PowerPoint).
TO APPLY CLICK THE LINK BELLOWS;