South African Nursing Council fees; The South African Nursing Council (SANC) plays a pivotal role in regulating the nursing profession in South Africa. Part of its responsibilities includes setting annual fees for registered nurses, enrolled nurses, and nursing auxiliaries.
These fees are crucial for sustaining the council’s operations and ensuring that nursing professionals adhere to the highest standards of practice. In this article, we will delve into the annual fees for 2024 as set by the SANC, highlighting the normal annual fees and reductions for nurses aged 60 and over.
Normal Annual Fees for 2024
The SANC has established the annual fees for the calendar year 2024 for different categories of Nurse Practitioners. These fees help support the council’s functions and ensure the continued excellence of the nursing profession in South Africa. Below is a breakdown of the normal annual fees for 2024:
- Registered Nurses and Midwives: The annual fee for registered nurses and midwives for 2024 is set at R780.00.
- Enrolled Nurses and Midwives: Enrolled nurses and midwives will pay an annual fee of R470.00 for 2024.
- Enrolled Nursing Auxiliaries: For enrolled nursing auxiliaries, the annual fee for 2024 is R330.00.
Reductions in Annual Fees for Age 60 and Over
Recognizing the contributions and dedication of nursing professionals who have reached the age of 60, the SANC has introduced reduced fees for this age group. These reductions aim to provide some financial relief to nurses in their senior years. Here is a breakdown of the reduced fees for nurses aged 60 and over:
60 to 64 Years of Age on 1 January 2024 (25% Reduction):
- Registered Nurses and Midwives: The reduced annual fee for registered nurses and midwives in this age group is R590.00.
- Enrolled Nurses and Midwives: Enrolled nurses and midwives in this age bracket will pay a reduced annual fee of R350.00.
- Enrolled Nursing Auxiliaries: The annual fee for enrolled nursing auxiliaries aged 60 to 64 is reduced to R250.00.
65 Years of Age and Older on 01 January 2024 (50% Reduction):
- Registered Nurses and Midwives: For registered nurses and midwives aged 65 and older, the reduced annual fee is R390.00.
- Enrolled Nurses and Midwives: Enrolled nurses and midwives in this age category will pay a reduced annual fee of R230.00.
- Enrolled Nursing Auxiliaries: Nursing auxiliaries aged 65 and older will benefit from a reduced annual fee of R160.00.
NB: To qualify for these discount amounts, Nurse Practitioners may be required to submit a certified copy of their identity document to confirm their age.
- The annual fees for 2024 must be received by the SANC on or before 31 December 2023 to ensure uninterrupted membership.
- All the amounts mentioned above include a 15% Value Added Tax (VAT) component.
Restoration Fees for 2024
In addition to the normal annual fees, the SANC has set restoration fees for different categories, which will be applicable from 1 January 2024. These fees are relevant for individuals who wish to restore their nursing credentials after a period of non-practice. Here is a breakdown of the restoration fees for 2024:
- Registered Nurses and Midwives: The normal restoration fee for registered nurses and midwives is R2,340.00. However, for those eligible for a reduced restoration fee, the amount is R160.00.
- Enrolled Nurses and Midwives: Enrolled nurses and midwives will pay a normal restoration fee of R1,410.00, with a reduced fee of R160.00 for eligible individuals.
- Enrolled Nursing Auxiliaries: The normal restoration fee for enrolled nursing auxiliaries is R990.00. Those eligible for a reduced restoration fee will also pay R160.00.
- Retired Nurses: Retired nurses, regardless of age, will benefit from a reduced restoration fee of R160.00.
These restoration fees are essential for reinstating nursing professionals into the SANC register, allowing them to resume their nursing careers.
For more details Visit ; https://www.sanc.co.za/2023-annual-fees
In conclusion, the South African Nursing Council’s annual and restoration fees for 2024 play a vital role in maintaining the integrity of the nursing profession and supporting the council’s activities. The introduction of reduced fees for nursing professionals aged 60 and over demonstrates the council’s recognition of the valuable contributions of experienced nurses.
These fees ensure that nursing in South Africa continues to uphold the highest standards of excellence while remaining accessible to practitioners across different age groups.
- Courses Offered At St. Joseph University In Tanzania (SJUIT) 2023/24
- Courses Offered At Catholic University of Health and Allied Sciences (CUHAS) 2023/24
- Courses Offered At Eckernforde Tanga University (ETU) 2023/24
- Courses Offered At University of Bagamoyo (UB) 2023/24
- Courses Offered At St. John’s University of Tanzania (SJUT) 2023/24