TANZANIA HOME ECONOMICS ASSOCIATION (TAHEA)
Tanzania Home Economics Association (TAHEA) is a national professional organization of nutritionists, home economics, agriculturists and other related social science professionals.
TAHEA envisions ‘A democratic society with better living Conditions’; with the Mission to improve the socio-economic conditions of the society through advocacy and capacity building on agriculture, food and nutrition, health and environment in collaboration with other stakeholders.
TAHEA implements the ‘Meeting Targets and Maintaining Epidemic Control (EpiC) project in Dodoma and Iringa region. EpiC is a 5 years’ global project funded by the U.S. President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) and the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID), dedicated to achieving and maintaining HIV epidemic control. The project provides strategic technical assistance and direct service delivery to break through barriers to 95-95-95 and promote self-reliant management of national HIV programs by improving HIV case-finding, prevention, and treatment programming. In Tanzania, EpiC will be implementing an HIV service delivery project among key and priority populations, adolescent girls and young women; and orphans and vulnerable children which aims to reduce HIV infections in pursuit of reaching 95-95-95 goals. To achieve this goal, the program will support targeted prevention and case-finding strategies at the community level amongst the targeted populations. TAHEA implements the project in the Dodoma region and Iringa Regions.
TAHEA is seeking qualified candidates to immediately fill the following vacancies: –
Project Accountant (1 Position)
Project accountant will be supporting finance department to coordinate and supervise financial activities of the project. This shall include the timely preparation and submission of financial and accounting reports and documents including cash books, payment vouchers, bank reconciliation statements, budget compliance reports and any other financial reports that may be required by EpiC project.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Preparing financial documents such as invoices, bills, and accounts payable and receivable
- Completing purchase orders
- Managing payroll
- Completing financial reports on a regular basis and providing information to the finance and technical
- Assisting with budgets planning and reviews.
- Completing regular (Weekly & Monthly) bank reconciliations.
- Entering financial information into appropriate accounting software.
- Managing day-to-day transactions.
- Recording Project expenditures and ensuring these expenses are within the set budget ceilings.
- Assisting the finance department and senior accounting staff members with various tasks, including preparing budgets, records, and statements
- Handling accruals and pre-payments
- Reviewing computer reports for accuracy and meticulously tracing errors back to their source.
- Resolving errors in financial reports and correcting faulty reporting methods.
- Assisting the project implementation by ensuring compliance with internal financial procedures and donor requirements
Qualification and Experience
- Holder of bachelor degree in accounting and finance or equivalent qualification from a recognized institution.
- Experience of at least three (3) years in working with Donor funded projects
- Candidate with CPA or Professional level examination stage will be having an added advantage.
- Must be computer literate, especial on MS Office applications (Word, Excel, Access, etc)
- Knowledgeable on accounting packages Quick-books and or Odoo accounting software will be an added advantage.
- Ability to work under pressure, with minimal supervision.
Mode of Application & Instructions:
Applications are to be lodged through email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Candidates are required to mention the ‘Position Title’ on the subject line of the e-mail.
All applicants MUST attach a cover letter and their updated Curriculum Vitae with certified copies of academic certificates in ONE file as supporting documents to their Phone Calls are strictly not allowed, the applicant could be automatically disqualified.
All applications should be submitted not later than 16:00 HRS on Thursday, 28th April, 2022