Responsibilities: As a hydrogeologist, you’ll need to:
- Understand and interpret maps, geographical data, historical evidence and models to build up a picture of the groundwater regime and/or land contamination, often based on incomplete information and to model groundwater flow, chemistry and temperature according to geological formations, surface water flow and man-made influence
- Design and commission boreholes, measure groundwater and surface water with undertaking field work and site visits for investigative and monitoring purposes
- Undertake environment impact assessments of groundwater abstraction and management activities and ensure compliance with environmental legislation and keep up to date with technological and legislative developments
- Analyze collected information, to assess and predict the impact of activities such as landfills, construction developments and
- mining or agriculture, on groundwater quality and resource availability
- Finding new water supplies for remote areas, siting new wells and testing water quality
Qualifications and Experiences
Employer generally expects a degree in hydrogeology or a related subject that includes groundwater.
A minimum of 10-year experience in a geological field and desk work.
HOW TO APPLY
Potential candidates, who meet the aforementioned requirements for the position, are advised to send their application letters with a detailed CV, copies of certified relevant certificates and contact details of three referees by Email to:
P.O. Box 72374, DAR ES SALAAM
Closing dated for receipt of applications is Wednesday 4th May, 2022.