Position Program Officer – Climate Smart Economic Empowerment (CSEE)
Job Location Dar es Salaam
Reporting to Program Manager
Norwegian Church Aid (NCA) is a diaconal organization mandated by churches and Christian organizations in Norway to work with people around the world to eradicate poverty and injustice. In Tanzania, NCA works mainly with Faith Based Organization (FBOs) to uphold human dignity, promote human rights and accompany poor and marginalized communities in their struggles for economic and social justice. NCA implements programs that are aligned with NCA global strategy, people’s needs in Tanzania and the Government of Tanzania’s development policies. NCA’s focus areas include strengthening interfaith civil society and building social cohesion, fighting inequality, improving agricultural production in a climate change environment, and increasing market access as well as ensuring gender justice. NCA is Core Humanitarian Standard certified.
NCA is seeking a motivated, result driven, qualified, and competent candidate to fill in the position of Program Officer – CSEE.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure implementation progress in Climate Smart Economic Empowerment thematic program through maintaining track record of the pre-set program targets.
- Facilitate and follow up performance of partners implementing the Climate Smart Economic Empowerment initiative in NCA Tanzania.
- Plan for and prepare program strategic engagements.
- Monitoring and reporting of partner performance as per strategic plans and set goals.
- Continuous program Evaluation and assessment and advise NCA on actions to be taken to improve performance.
- Work closely with partners and NCA staff in designing and implementing strategies for scaling current initiatives.
- Establish networks and good collaboration with like-minded stakeholders such as commercial players, relevant government authorities, departments, and local communities
- Travel to facilitate work tasks.
Minimum Job Qualifications, Experience and Other Requirements
- Undergraduate Degree in, Agriculture, Agribusiness, Agricultural Economy, Natural resource management or related fields.
- At least 3 years’ experience in managing development programs related to economic empowerment and climate adaptation.
- Ability and flexibility to travel for work in rural and remote areas especially in Manyara, Kigoma, and Kilimanjaro.
- Knowledge and skills in digital monitoring and evaluation systems will be an added advantage.
- Strong motivation for change (change maker) and passion to work with rural small-scale farmers
- Ability to work under less supervision, self-motivated person, and team player
- Good Communication skills – fluent in Swahili and English, both verbal and written.
- This position involves working with a wide range of people within the faith-based partner institutions, NCA, local communities, local and international partners, including technical and non-technical colleagues. Demonstrated good behavior and high integrity is a must.
- Systematic, innovative, dynamic, strategic, reflective and result oriented
- Energetic and enterprising
- Team player with good collaboration skills
- Ability to train and build capacity
- Good people skills, including relationship building with communities, partners, and donors
- Ability to travel domestically and international
An attractive compensation package as per NCA remuneration policy will apply to the successful candidate.
How to Apply:
Please submit your application to the address email@example.com
Only electronic applications are considered. In the subject line of your email, please clearly state the position you apply for. The application should consist of a brief motivation letter and CV, compiled into one document of maximum A pages. The document name should start with your name and include which position you apply for. E.g., <Omary Ally – Program Officer – CSEE>. Certificates are not of interest at this stage but should be brought during the interview. Applications failing to meet these requirements or sent to other email addresses will not be considered. Interviews will take place by May 2022. If you do not hear from us, please consider your application unsuccessful. Norwegian Church Aid (NCA) reserves the right not to make an appointment/contact.
Application Deadline is Friday, 06th May 2022.