Medical Teams International Tanzania
Reports to (position): Accountant
Location(s): Medical Teams Kasulu
Position Type: Regular Employee
Travel: Possible travel to field locations
Daring to love like Jesus, we boldly break barriers to health and restore wholeness in a hurting world.
Provides support in the implementation of internal controls for processing project-level transactions in accordance with GAAP, MTI Finance Manual, and donor requirements.
- Verify that all payment requisitions have been presented in accordance with MTI checklist
- Review receipts, expenditures, purchase orders, distributions, and disbursement orders to ensure proper cost allocations and compliance with established regulatory standards
- Maintain the cash book and all program vouchers and journals for the accountant to verify before posting to the general ledger, correct any mistakes and batch and file documents according to MTI policy
- Ensure accurate record of cash transactions is always maintained; Monitor expenditure of petty cash and request for replenishment
- Support in preparation of project financial reports by summarizing all the vouchers correctly and submitting according to the MTI policy
- Provide technical support to non-finance staff on financial policies and procedures
- Verify with Operations Department that the asset register agrees with physical assets and complies with MTI policy
- Participate in preparation of annual cash flows and budget requirements
- Support safeguarding of program participants and employees through promoting an environment of awareness and upholding the code of conduct provisions of Medical Teams Protection from Sexual Exploitation & Abuse, Child & Vulnerable Adult protection, and harassment-free workplace policies.
Other duties as assigned
EDUCATION, LICENSES, & CERTIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in accounting, Finance or Business Administration (Accounting) is required.
- Professional certification – CPA/ ACCA will be an added advantage,
2 years of work experience in Finance & Accounting
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Basic knowledge of non-profit accounting
- Knowledge of ERP systems and computerized accounting software such as Sage, Unit4, etc.
- Skilled in using ERP system to process financial transactions
- Skilled in explaining financial procedures to non-finance staff
- A good command of both written and spoken English, with strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to maintain detailed records with high accuracy
- Highly organized with good quantitative ability
- Ability to prioritise to manage competing tasks
- Ability to act with integrity and maintain the highest ethical standards
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of highly sensitive information
- Ability to support MTI Calling and adhere to the MTI Code of Conduct
This position may require occasional travel to health facilities located in remote areas with very basic living conditions.
NOTE: The above job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by staff assigned to this job. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of staff in this position. Duties, responsibilities, and skills are also subject to change based on the changing needs of the job, department, or organization. The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by Medical Teams International as the requirements of the job change.
All interested applicants who meet the criteria should email their application letter and CV in either PDF or Word only, including three work related referee to:email@example.com
Indicate your expected salary, current/previous salary, and notice period at the bottom of your CV.
Indicate clearly the position applied for in the subject line” Assistant Accountant”.
Application Deadline: 7th of June 2022 at 1700HRS.