Air Tanzania Company Limited
EXCITING CAREER OPPORTUNITY
Air Tanzania Company Limited (ATCL) is making reforms in its structure, internal operations and staffing to accommodate business needs. Therefore, applications are invited from qualified Tanzanians to fill the following vacant position: –
POSITION: Sales Manager (1 POST)
REPORTING LINE: Director of Commercial and Business Development
The following are qualifications for aspired candidates: –
- Must have a first Degree in Marketing/Business Administration/Commerce or any business-related field and a Master in Business Administration or relevant field OR;
- A Bachelor Degree in any field with hands on experience in Aviation and a Master Degree in Business Administration or relevant field from a recognized institution.
- Must have at least 8 years’ working experience in a competitive and dynamic business environment.
- Hands on skills on airline Commercial Operations is an added advantage
- High level of integrity, customer focus and good Public Relations skills
- Problem-solving and flexibility
- Decisive, confident and result oriented
- Revenue and cost conscious
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- High levels of empathy
- Organizational and time-management skills
- Critical thinking and analytical
- Strong ethical standards
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES.
- The holder of the position will perform the following duties and responsibilities:
- Develop execute and Drive passenger sales plan guarantee exposure of Air Tanzania’s product facilitating delivery of the company’s sales targets and business objectives
- Lead, direct, manage, and motivate sales team in order to achieve and ensure maximum sales, based on the growth strategy of Air Tanzania
- Conduct analysis of business environment to facilitate timely response to develop market trend to maximize on opportunities that arise and minimize adverse impact on a company sale
- Ensure product and promotional plan are understood and implemented to the greatest impact on the company sales
- Monitor competitors’ activities, evaluate, recommend competitive strategy and pricing level to deliver expected yield, margin and revenue targets.
- Ensure all travelling agents and corporate customers are prioritized, regular visited and professional handled by the sales team to increase revenue and gained market share.
- Identify and allocate resources on what needs to be done by station coordinators/sales executives to cover territory and travel agents effectively
- Manage travel trade relationship, review travel trade developments and suggest appropriate modification in the sales policy to ensure profitability
- Prepare weekly, monthly and annual sales reports
- Provide inputs and participate in the identification and progress of new business opportunity for revenue growth (through special prorate/interline agreements/partnership etc)
- Participate in ATCL’s passengers’ revenue budget process for the assigned territory
- Assess and propose appropriate incentives schemes to travel agents, corporate travel, and travel trade to enhance productivity, efficiency and maximization of revenue
- Conduct and coordinate annual performance review for all station/sales executives whilst constantly reviewing training development needs skills and abilities
- Resolve operational and reservations issues from travel agent related product or disruption or customer complaints involving individual sales personnel, including addressing any disciplinary problem that may develop within the sales team.
- Develop and monitor expenditure budget/actual and control costs
- Develop and maintain customer profile database and records
- Liaise with marketing and tariffs units and other passengers service-related department of ATCL’s to ensure well integrated sales efforts
- Perform any other official duties that may be assigned by supervisor.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
Five (5) years contract with remuneration and fringe benefits as per ATCL Scales and Incentive Scheme
MODE OF APPLICATION FOR ALL APPLICANTS:
Interested applicants must submit a dully signed letter for consideration of the application attached with the following:
A detailed curriculum vitae (CV),
Certified copies of all certificates (including secondary school), other relevant certificates, Applicants who have studied outside Tanzania should have their certificates approved by relevant authorities Tanzania Commission for University(TCU)or National Examination Council- NECTA)
Two recent passport size photographs
Name and address of at least two reputable referees:
Applicant’s reliable contact address, email address and telephone number
Note: Misrepresentation of qualifications or any other information on application shall warrant legal consequences
HOW TO APPLY
The application letters should be directed to the following address: –
Managing Director and CEO,
Air Tanzania Company Limited,
P.0. Box 543,
DAR ES SALAAM.
Applicants should consider the following closing dates. The deadline for submitting the application is 27 May 2022.