Absa Group Tanzania announced new job vacancies, 2023; To build and maintain relationships across a portfolio of high value Corporate and Investment banking customers by focusing on growing value through achieving challenging sales and income targets and improving customer satisfactions.
The jobholder will be responsible for business development both with new customers and with existing customers where they are expected to increase “wallet share”, to manage and sustain a portfolio of Corporate customers, to build long term relationships founded on efficient and reliable support for their business through quick risk decisions and managing consistency and quality of operational service and to maximise risk-adjusted portfolio contribution.
- Grow portfolio value in line with agreed targets. This is achieved through cross sell or up sell by providing a variety of products and services to customers.
- Generating ongoing referral business from existing customers within the portfolio.
- Identify sales and services opportunities and offering solutions appropriate for the customer’s needs, goal and objectives.
- Determine the products that are most effective in meeting customer’s needs and be able to sell these at short notice both reactively and proactively.
- Adopt a commercial approach to cost control and income generation.
- Expand assigned portfolios through product optimization and profitable cross selling.
- Achieve customer satisfaction targets within the assigned portfolio by improving customer satisfaction standards.
- Establish relationships and maintain proactive and regular contact with clients as part of the agreed contact plan.
- Utilize all customer contact processes and products to develop a better understanding of customer needs.
- Provide feedback to clients, even if query or complaint has not been resolved yet.
- Educate customer on the new operating models.
- Engage the customer and introduce prepared solutions.
- Understand and apply the relevant governance and compliance procedures to activities undertaken and maintain ongoing completion of relevant governance and compliance training.
- Maintain customer records and accurate completion of applications and paperwork.
- Work closely with customer service teams, responding to complex servicing requests and complaints for customers.
- Work proactively with colleagues across the group to support the growth of lead generation.
- Promote alternative delivery channels to clients.
- Proactively raise the profile and reputation of the Bank in the local community.
- Provide financial advice to existing and new customers within the local community to remain a reputable Bank.
- Maintain Relationship Plans for all customers in the portfolio such that contact with customers is prioritized.
- Conduct annual and if appropriate, interim reviews of customers borrowing facilities.
- Conduct annual and if appropriate, interim reviews with non-borrowing customers.
- Determine the key messages, e.g. agreed service standards, and negotiated pricing, relationship team contact points and new product changes, deciding upon the most appropriate communication method.
- Deal with and find solutions to customer complaints.
- Research, create and follow up a target list for potential new business.
Technical Skills / Competencies Required
- Relationship skills
- Credit Risk skills
- General Corporate banking knowledge
- Communications skills
- Deciding and initiating action
- Relating and networking
- Persuading and influencing
- Planning and organising
- Delivering results and meeting customer expectations
- Following instructions and procedures
- Coping with pressure and setbacks.
Knowledge, Expertise And Experience Required
- Meeting customers’ needs
- Personal Organisation
- Business awareness
- Business development
- Decision making
- Managing Relationships
- Team results
- Active listening
- Analysis and judgement.
Bachelors Degree and Professional Qualifications – Business, Commerce and Management Studies, Banking/Managerial Experience, Commercial mindset – Junior (Meets all of the requirements), Customer Excellence – Service Delivery (Meets all of the requirements), Digital familiarity (Meets all of the requirements), Effective communication – Basic (Meets all of the requirements), Openness to change (Meets some of the requirements and would need further development), Product and/or Service Knowledge (Meets all of the requirements), Relationship building (Meets all of the requirements)