323 Area Code; Area codes are an essential part of the North American Numbering Plan (NANP) that assigns unique three-digit codes to every region in the United States, Canada, and other countries. One such area code is 323, which is used in the state of California, primarily in the central region of Los Angeles. The 323 area code was introduced on June 13th, 1998, and currently serves over 700 prefixes across 37 ZIP codes in three counties.
The history of the 323 area code is closely tied to that of the 213 area code, which originally covered the entire Los Angeles region. However, as the demand for phone numbers grew, the 323 area code was introduced as an overlay to the 213 area code, allowing more numbers to be assigned to the region. Today, both area codes serve the same geographical area, with the 323 area code being assigned to new phone numbers in the region.
- The 323 area code was introduced in 1998 as an overlay to the 213 area code in the central region of Los Angeles.
- The 323 area code serves over 700 prefixes across 37 ZIP codes in three counties.
- The 323 area code was introduced to meet the growing demand for phone numbers in the region.
History of 323 Area Code
Area code 323 is an overlay area code that serves the same geographical area and regions in California as area code 213. It was created from area code 213 to address the increasing demand for phone numbers in the Los Angeles area.
Area code 213 was one of the original North American area codes of 1947 and served the entire Los Angeles area. In 1998, area code 323 was created in an area code split of 213, which left 213 serving only downtown Los Angeles and immediately adjoining neighborhoods.
Since its creation, area code 323 has been used for both landline and mobile phone numbers. It serves a diverse population of over a million people in the central and eastern parts of Los Angeles County, including the cities of Beverly Hills, West Hollywood, and Culver City.
To avoid exhausting all possible phone numbers in this area code, relief planning has begun. In 2017, the California Public Utilities Commission approved an overlay of the 323 area code with the new 213/323 overlay complex. The overlay took effect on August 1, 2017, and requires customers to dial 1 plus the area code plus the seven-digit phone number for all calls within and between the 213/323 area codes.
Sure, here’s the section you asked for:
Geographical Coverage of 323 Area Code
The 323 area code is located in the state of California, USA. It covers a total of 29 cities and 1 county, Los Angeles County. The largest city it serves is Los Angeles. The area code was assigned on May 19th, 1997, and went into service on June 13th, 1998.
The 323 area code covers several major cities in California, including Los Angeles, Long Beach, Glendale, Pasadena, and El Monte. Los Angeles is the largest city in the area code and is considered the cultural, financial, and commercial center of Southern California. Long Beach is another major city in the area code, located in Los Angeles County, and is known for its beautiful beaches and tourist attractions. Glendale is a city located in the Verdugo Mountains region of Los Angeles County and is known for its high-end shopping and dining options. Pasadena is a city located in the San Gabriel Valley and is known for its annual Rose Parade. El Monte is a city located in the San Gabriel Valley and is known for its diverse population and cultural events.
The 323 area code also covers several minor areas in California, including Bell, Bell Gardens, Bellflower, Commerce, Cudahy, East Los Angeles, Huntington Park, Lynwood, Maywood, Montebello, Monterey Park, Pico Rivera, Rosemead, Santa Fe Springs, South El Monte, South Gate, Vernon, and Walnut Park. These areas are smaller in size compared to the major cities in the area code, but they still contribute to the overall coverage of the 323 area code.
Here is the section you requested:
How to Dial 323 Area Code Internationally
To call a phone number with the 323 area code from outside the United States, you will need to follow a few steps.
First, you need to know the international dialing code for the country you are calling from. You can find a list of international calling codes on HowtoCallAbroad.com.
Next, you need to dial the United States country code, which is 1.
After dialing the country code, you will need to enter the 323 area code followed by the local phone number.
For example, if you are calling a phone number in Los Angeles with the 323 area code from the United Kingdom, you would dial: 00 1 323 XXX XXXX.
It is important to note that international calling rates may apply when dialing a phone number with the 323 area code from outside the United States. Be sure to check with your phone service provider for more information on international calling rates.
Here’s a section on 323 Area Code in Popular Culture:
323 Area Code in Popular Culture
The 323 area code has become a cultural symbol of Los Angeles, California. It is often mentioned in popular culture, including movies, music, and television shows. Some examples include:
- The 2003 movie “Love Actually” features a character who moves to Los Angeles and gets a cell phone with a 323 area code.
- The popular television show “Entourage” features characters with 323 area codes.
- Rapper Kendrick Lamar, who is from Compton, California, references the 323 area code in his song “The Recipe.”
- In the television show “The O.C.,” the character Ryan Atwood’s cell phone number has a 323 area code.
The 323 area code has also been associated with certain neighborhoods in Los Angeles, such as Hollywood and Silver Lake. However, the area code covers a much larger area, including parts of downtown Los Angeles, East Los Angeles, and Montebello.
Despite its association with Los Angeles, the 323 area code is not limited to the city. It also covers parts of neighboring cities, such as Beverly Hills, West Hollywood, and Culver City.
Regulations and Restrictions of 323 Area Code
The 323 area code is regulated by the California Public Utilities Commission (CPUC) and is subject to certain restrictions. Some of the regulations and restrictions of the 323 area code are:
- Number Portability: Customers have the right to keep their phone numbers when they switch from one service provider to another within the same area code. This is known as number portability and is regulated by the Federal Communications Commission (FCC).
- Call Blocking: Customers have the right to block unwanted calls from telemarketers, robocallers, and other unwanted callers. This is regulated by the FCC and the CPUC.
- Emergency Services: Customers can dial 911 for emergency services such as police, fire, and medical assistance. The 323 area code is served by the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department and the Los Angeles Fire Department.
- Phone Scams: Customers should be aware of phone scams that target the 323 area code. Some common scams include the IRS scam, the Social Security scam, and the tech support scam. Customers should never give out personal information over the phone to unknown callers.
- International Calls: Customers can make international calls from the 323 area code, but they may be subject to additional fees and restrictions. Customers should check with their service provider before making international calls.
Overall, the regulations and restrictions of the 323 area code are designed to protect customers and ensure that they have access to reliable and affordable phone services.
Here’s the section you requested:
Future of 323 Area Code
The future of the 323 area code is uncertain, as with any area code. As cities grow and populations increase, the demand for new phone numbers will also increase. This could result in the creation of new area codes to accommodate the growing demand for phone numbers.
However, there have been no official announcements regarding the creation of new area codes in the 323 area code region. The California Public Utilities Commission (CPUC) is responsible for overseeing the state’s telecommunications industry, including area code assignments. If a new area code is needed, the CPUC will initiate a formal process to determine the best course of action.
In the meantime, residents and businesses in the 323 area code should continue to use their current phone numbers as normal. If a new area code is introduced, the CPUC will provide ample notice and instructions on how to transition to the new area code.
Overall, the future of the 323 area code is dependent on the growth and demand for phone numbers in the region. As of now, there are no immediate plans for a new area code, but that could change in the future.
Sure, here’s the section you requested:
Frequently Asked Questions
What cities use the 323 area code?
The 323 area code is primarily used in Los Angeles, California, and its surrounding areas. Some of the major cities that use the 323 area code include Beverly Hills, Commerce, Cudahy, East Los Angeles, Huntington Park, Maywood, Montebello, Monterey Park, Pasadena, South Gate, and West Hollywood.
Where is the 323 area code located?
The 323 area code is located in the state of California, in the United States. It covers a portion of Los Angeles County, including the city of Los Angeles and its surrounding areas.
What country is the 323 area code?
The 323 area code is located in the United States, which is a country in North America.
Is 323 a Texas area code?
No, the 323 area code is not a Texas area code. It is actually located in California, as mentioned earlier.
What is the area code for Los Angeles?
The area code for Los Angeles is 323, as well as 213, 310, 424, 562, 626, 747, 818, and 909. However, the 323 area code is the most commonly used in the city.
What is the international code for +1 323?
The international code for +1 323 is the same as the international code for the United States, which is +1.
- Dog Park Near Me: Finding the Best Options in Your Area
- Korean Corn Dog: A Delicious and Popular Street Food in Korea
- Hot Dog Machine: A Comprehensive Guide to Choosing the Best One for Your Business
- Brändi Dog Online: Your Ultimate Guide to Purchasing the Best Dog Food
- Dog Chef: How to Treat Your Pup to Gourmet Meals at Home