Things to do at Dubai International Airport, One of the busiest airports in the world is Dubai International Airport. There are many things to do at Dubai International Airport during a layover or transit, so don’t worry if you have a long wait. It offers a lot in the way of entertainment and indulgence.
Also read Things you can do for free at Atlantis The Palm Hotel in Dubai
SHORT WAITING ACTIVITIES AT DUBAI INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT
Dubai International Airport, one of the busiest airports in the world, offers a wide variety of activities for travelers in transit. There is a lot to enjoy at the Dubai airport, from fine dining establishments to fantastic duty-free shopping locations and kids’ play spaces. Check out the top things to do at Dubai International Airport during a layover if you’re wondering what to do for eight hours in the airport. There is no lack of entertainment at Dubai Airport, which has three enormous terminals and a wealth of recreational opportunities to explore.
EAT AT DUBAI INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT
There are several food alternatives nearby, therefore there are certainly many places to dine at Dubai Airport.
- Indulge in a variety of flavors at one of the more than 135 cafes and restaurants in Dubai International Airport.
- Have you ever tried pasta? Visit Wolfgang Puck now.
- Want some dim sum? There to serve you is The Noodle House.
- And if you have a craving for Turkish pide, go right to Giraffe World Kitchen.
- You can choose between Halloumi and Feta Pide, which combines halloumi, baba ganoush, and Turkish peppers, and Smoky Chicken Pide, which is made of grilled chicken on a tomato sauce base.
- You can also head to Caviar House & Prunier’s Seafood Bar in Terminal 3, Gate B 27 to enjoy the best seafood in Dubai. Or, you can go to Jack’s Bar and Grill in Terminal 3, Gate A to try beef ribs and steaks.
BUY FROM THE DUTY-FREE STORES
One of the best stopover activities at Dubai International Airport is shopping.
- There are many duty-free stores at Emirates Terminal 3 that are open around-the-clock.
- Top luxury companies like Breitling and Rolex sell timepieces, luggage, designer sunglasses, and watches.
- You can also buy some local goods, like chocolates or dry fruits, to give as souvenirs to your friends and family members.
- Duty Free shops, book stores like WSmith, and more can be found in both of the Dubai Airport’s other terminals.
- At Dubai Airport’s Terminals 1 and 3, you can store your luggage while exploring the duty-free shops and making all of your purchases.
- Depending on the size of your luggage, these terminals offer luggage storage for up to 12 hours for a fee of AED 20 to AED 25.
AT THE PREMIUM LOUNGES, DE-STRESS
A premium lounge is available at Dubai International Airport, but you don’t have to fly business class to use it.
- By paying AED 195 for a lounge card, you can access the airport lounges at Marhaba (Terminal 1 Concourse D, Terminal 2, and Terminal 3 Concourse A, B, and C).
- Purchase a pass for three hours online for GBP 42 or AED 200 per person.
- You may unwind, browse the internet, read a newspaper, and obtain up-to-date flight information in the airport lounges because they have Wi-Fi, television, newspapers, magazines, and a flight information monitor.
- You can purchase a shower kit for AED 53 and take a fast shower there because it even offers a shower facility.
- Even if you have flown in Economy class on Emirates or flydubai, there are some Emirates lounges at the airport that you can use if you are a Silver, Gold, or Platinum member of the airline.
- Even more people can enter Emirates’ global lounges with Gold members.
- Additionally, some platinum cardholders from partner banks will receive free access to the airport lounge.
From dedicated baristas to fresh juice bars, the lounges have everything. One of the best things to do at Dubai Airport during a layover is to relax at these private lounges.
RELAX AT THE AIRPORT GARDENS
One of the nicest things to do when traveling is to unwind in the Zen gardens at Dubai International Airport.
- In Terminal 3, there is a green space with benches, a fish pond, and thick trees close to Gates B7 and B27.
- You can read your favorite book or simply sit there and enjoy the sunshine.
- Additionally, if you have other plans, you can play with your kids there or finish up any unfinished work.
One of the best things to do at Dubai International Airport on a layover that is longer than nine hours is to explore Dubai. A transit visa permitting admission into Dubai for transits longer than nine hours will be provided to passengers, along with access to hotel accommodations. This is a fantastic chance to explore Dubai’s local attractions.
It will not only make you feel better, but it will also allow you to discover a new city.
- You can sign up for a trip because there are numerous tour companies in Dubai that provide half- or full-day excursions within the city.
- Alternately, you might board cabs and buses and go exploring on your own.
- At Terminals 1 and 3 of the Dubai International Airport, there are two lines of the Dubai Metro.
- From these terminals, trains depart every 5 minutes, taking travelers directly to well-known locations like The Dubai Mall, Jumeirah Lake Towers, and Burj Khalifa.
- These buses are available for use in exploring the city.
AREAS TO SLEEP AT THE AIRPORT OF DUBAI
Given how creative, indulgent, and extravagant Dubai’s spa sector is, there is no harm in booking a massage or that crucial facial at one of the airport spas in Dubai before the lengthy journey.
- There are up to 71 spas and salons there that provide de-stressing massages, body scrubs, fragrance, Japanese body treatments, and signature facials along Concourses A, B, C, and D at Terminals 1 and 3.
- A two-hour Swedish massage costs AED 750, while a 45-minute Desert Aroma Massage costs AED 450.
- Do you want to beat jet lag? AED 595 for a 90-minute Hawaiian Lomi Lomi massage would be sufficient.
One of the finest transit activities at Dubai International Airport is visiting a spa.
You may want to think about staying at one of these hotels close to Dubai International Airport if your transit time is expected to last for many hours.
And that concludes our list of activities to do while waiting for a flight at Dubai International Airport. We hope that our response to your query on what to do at Dubai International Airport was helpful. This guide will undoubtedly be helpful to you whether you are visiting Dubai for the first time or are a frequent visitor. Discover the city’s other thrilling attractions while you’re there!
If you’re thinking of relocating to Dubai, whether it be temporarily or permanently