South african passport fees; Planning an international journey? Your passport is your golden ticket to explore the world. However, like all good things, obtaining or renewing your South African passport comes with certain fees.
Whether you’re an adult applying for your first passport, a parent securing a child’s passport, or you need a replacement or specialized passport, understanding the costs involved is crucial.
In this comprehensive guide, we will provide a clear breakdown of South African passport fees for 2023. Let’s ensure you’re well-prepared for your next adventure.
South African Passport Fees 2023
Let’s begin by exploring the various types of passport services and their associated fees.
Please note: The fees listed below are based on the information available for the year 2023. It’s always advisable to verify the most up-to-date fees with the South African Department of Home Affairs before applying.
|Passport Type||Fee (ZAR)|
|Replacement of a new format South African tourist passport that runs out of blank visa pages before the expiry dates||600.00|
|Document for traveling purposes (BI-105)||600.00|
|Maxi Tourist Passport (48 Pages)||1200.00|
|Crew Member Certificate||600.00|
|Naturalization application and issue of an original citizenship certificate||300.00|
|Issuing of a duplicate citizenship certificate (including application for certificates issued in terms of section 16 of Act 88 of 1995) as well as confirmation (To whom it may concern)||90.00|
|Resumption of SA citizenship, in terms of section 13 of Act 88 of 1995||300.00|
|Retention of SA citizenship, in terms of section 6(2) of Act 88 of 1995||300.00|
|Retrospective exemption in terms of section 26(4) of the South African Citizenship Act, 1995, from the loss of South African citizenship||300.00|
|Official Passport (including official emergency passport) or crew member certificate, and a temporary passport issued for official purposes||600.00|
These fees apply to passport applications made within South Africa.
Passport Fees for Applications Made Abroad
If you find yourself outside of South Africa and need to apply for or renew your passport at a South African Mission, Embassy, or Consulate, the following fees apply:
|Passport Type||Fee (ZAR)|
|Maxi Tourist Passport (48 Pages)||2400.00|
|Emergency Travel Certificate (BI-123)||140.00|
Additional Passport Services
Here are some additional passport services and their associated fees:
- Replacement of a lost/damaged/stolen South African passport, child passport, maxi passport, or document for traveling purposes referred to in Regulation 16 of the South African Passports and Travel Documents Regulation, 1996. The fee for this service is double the current tariff for the document concerned. However, if the document had been stolen/lost/damaged through no negligence on the part of the holder, only the normal fee will be payable.
- The furnishing of information from the Population Register on magnetic tape or similar format in accordance with the provisions of section 21 of the Identification Act, 1997 (Act 68 of 1997) costs 480.00 ZAR requested for every 5000 persons or for a portion thereof.
- Furnishing of information from the Population Register for official purposes to any Department of State, Local Authority, or Statutory Body. Provided that the prescribed fees for abridged or unabridged certificates shall be payable if such certificates are requested. This service is free of charge.
- A frame of four black and white photos taken for ID applications costs 40.00 ZAR.
Obtaining or renewing your South African passport is an essential step in preparing for your international adventures. Understanding the associated fees ensures that you can budget accordingly and plan your travels with confidence.
Keep in mind that passport fees can change, so it’s always wise to double-check the latest information with the South African Department of Home Affairs before you apply. With your passport in hand, you’re ready to explore the world and make unforgettable memories. Safe travels!
- How to reach Mount Kilimanjaro/How to get there Mount Kilimanjaro-millkun
- How long does it take to walk up Mt Kilimanjaro?
- The top new dishes to try in 2022/2023 whenever you visit Mount Kilimanjaro
- Manyara national park-Tanzania tourism 2022/2023
- Tanzania national park their location and their size 2022/2023