Q-Sourcing Servtec Group Vacancies; Q-Sourcing Limited, trading as Q-Sourcing Servtec, is a manpower management solutions firm operating in the East African Region in the countries of Tanzania, Uganda, Kenya, Rwanda, and South Sudan.
On behalf of one of our Tanzania based client, we are looking for a competent and experienced Risk Engineer.
Also read JTI Tanzania Vacancies, june 2023
The position is based at the EACOP Project Office in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania, with occasional visits to other offices and sites in Tanzania and Uganda.
MISSIONS / JOB DIMENSIONS
- The East African Crude Oil Pipeline (EACOP) project is a major regional infrastructure project (Capex: 3.9 G$, OPEX:>2.5G$ over 25 years) to be undertaken between Uganda and Tanzania coast, opening a new value corridor between the two countries. The EACOP project development comprises of the detailed engineering, construction, operation and maintenance of the corresponding facilities. A hybrid power system is being implemented on the Project with PV farms, grid connection and Gensets (back-up).
- The project contracting strategy entails 9 main packages (EPcm, EITS, PV Farms, Thermal Insulation, Line pipes, LLIs POs, Stations, Pipeline and Terminal construction activities) to be executed thru 15 different direct main contracts. An EPcmC contractor will be in charge of Detailed Engineering, Procurement and construction management support interfacing will all other contractors.
- EACOP direct personnel, including partners’ secondees, mobilized in UK, Tanzania and Uganda will be more than 600 at peak periods during the execution phase of the project and up to 8,000 to 10,000 personnel, contractors inclusive, who will be mobilized across the various sites for construction activities.
- The primary objective of risk management is to address threats and opportunities that have the potential to impact project execution objectives by anticipating issues, avoiding negative situations, and exploiting those opportunities to improve project performance. Embedded robust risk management practices improve project performance by avoiding surprises, reducing the likelihood of threats and increasing the likelihood of any potential opportunities.
- To execute and monitor project risk processes and activities as defined in the Risk & Opportunity Management Plan, acting upon any variances or issues relating to compliance and advising how to appropriately rectify any potential deficiencies.
- Delivery of risk management services through regular and frequent interaction with the project team packages and disciplines: facilitating the identification and analysis of risks on the project at all stages, identifying and monitoring risk mitigation actions, interpreting risk outputs, and communicating to relevant stakeholders as appropriate.
- To assist risk owners with the selection of appropriate risk response strategies and development of action plans to address identified risks.
- To maintain and update project Risk Registers which act as repositories for all risk related information.
- To provide guidance and assistance to Project personnel in their carrying out risk management activities on their own scope, in line with the Project level procedures, tools, and objectives.
- Coordinate with Contractors’ risk managers or points of contact for risk registers, reports, meetings. Ensure that Contractors’ procedures and reports are compatible with the Project requirements. Interpret and consolidate Contractors’ risk information at the Project level.
- To produce and ensure the timely issue of accurate reports on risk management activities across the project, and technical reports on the risks.
- To assist the Risk Manager in Cost / Schedule Risk Analysis, assisting in workshops, risk mapping, building bespoke models and interpreting associated outputs for communication / review.
CONTEXT AND ENVIRONMENT
- The EACOP project includes a 1445 km 24 in oil export pipeline, 8 above ground facilities, a green field marine terminal with an export jetty and a series of 100 main line block valves and 20+ trace heating stations. 150 km of feeder lines from upstream facilities will tie-in to the EACOP project. The Pipeline project will be the largest privately led with Government participation transnational infrastructure project ever undertaken in East African region. The project overall tonnage is estimated at 500,000t of material and equipment.
- Behind the numerous technical (the longest electrically heat traced pipeline in the world), environmental and social challenges faced by the project, Government of Uganda and Government of Tanzania agreed to develop EACOP project in a fast-track mode. The project is aiming at a Ready for Start-up (RFSU) in 2025.
- The context is complex with numerous stakeholders, environmental and societal / local content stakes, four shareholders, two involved countries (Uganda and Tanzania), and the need for project development in accordance with IFC Performance standards to secure the necessary financing.
- The project needs to be developed with low CAPEX & OPEX to support the development economics while maintaining the quality of the installations, with high focus on H3SE requirements. Uganda and Tanzania are new Oil & Gas Countries, development and enhancement of the national and local content during the field operation preparation and the future operations will be key to the successful delivery of the EACOP Project and operations.
- Job Duration: 1 year renewable. Potentially 2.5 years from July 2023 until planned completion at the end of 2025.
- As all employees, ensure that all activities are undertaken in compliance with EACOP Health, Safety, Security, Social and Environment (H3SE) and Quality policies, regulations and standards. As all employees, ensure all activities undertaken in accordance with EACOP compliance and ethics policies and procedures.
- Accountable to the EACOP Risk Manager to deliver risk management Activities describes above.
Qualifications And Experience Required
- Degree : B.Eng. (or equivalent formal qualification) in a recognized Engineering discipline, registered engineer or licensed professional engineer
- Minimum 5 to 10 years of project experience with similar project types & environment.
- English as mother tongue or Fluent in English (speaking and writing).
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural business environment.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, especially related to facilitation, documentation and reporting.
APPLY HERE : https://tz.linkedin.com/jobs