New job opportunity at SeedScience Tanzania-Social media manager; SeedScience is looking for a creative, proactive, and detail-oriented team player to join our 2-years-long project “Jifunze bila mipaka, hifadhi kwenye Jamii – Learn without borders, preserve within the community”, funded by the National Geographic Society.
As the project social media manager, you will guide the development and implementation of the social media strategy.
You will collaborate with an international team of educators, researchers, conservationists and storytellers to reach a global audience interested in science, education, biodiversity and Tanzania.
The deadline to apply is January 29th, 2023.
Shortlisted applicants may be contacted for an interview.
For any questions, you can email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The project Valuing and caring for the environment is the foundation for the sustainable development of a community.
It is crucial to empower students with the necessary attitudes, skills and knowledge to contribute to the correct management of the ecosystem they live in and to foster dialogue and intergenerational exchange between them, parents and elders.
However, despite living in close contact with nature, many people find it hard to realize its importance for their present and for their future.
We aim to engage youth, educators, and members of the Tanzanian communities across the border between Morogoro and Pwani regions, around the road that connects Dar es Salaam to Morogoro, to combine education and research to foster a sense of ownership and advocate for the preservation of native biodiversity, and specifically of 3 flagship species.
We will: – train secondary school teachers to carry out outdoor education activities with their students so developing an Explorer Mindset and making use of technology to observe and identify species
– collect data and foster discussions between students, adults and elders to identify 3 flagship species
– support students to tell in multiple formats (i. e. videos, photos, StoryMaps, comic book) their own stories about the flagship species they selected.
We will test such a potentially scalable and replicable approach in communities where some of our team members have created strong connections with the community and a good network with schools.
Also read New job opportunity at INNOVEX Dar es Salaam-Audit Associate
Social media manager.
Qualifications & Experience
– Experience in social media management on the main platforms
– Experience in science communication
– Basic skills as a graphic designer
– Excellent team-working skills
– Fluent in spoken and written English
– Tanzanian citizens and/or knowledge of Swahili a plus
– however, the position does not have restrictions of citizenship or geographical origin Terms
– One-year position with the possibility of a year more extension
– Start in February 2023 – Remote working position, time zones between GMT-2 and GMT+3 preferred
– Estimated time commitment of 4 hours per month
– Compensation (to be taxed) of 900 $ per year Tasks
– Guide the team in creating and implementing a social media strategy that aligns with organizational goals
– Collaborate with team members to create engaging content
– Prepare, on average, one post per week
– Monitor social media metrics.
TO APPLY CLICK THE LINK BELLOW;