Sales Manager, Broking
Job Purpose and Key responsibilities
The role holder will be responsible for managing and growing relationships between Britam and its current and future brokers to ensure sustained support and growth of broking business portfolio. The role will report to the Country Sales Manager.
- Drive the achievement of the broker sales revenue budget
- Grow and defend Britam’s broker market share position
- Direct, guide, manage and offer support to the brokers
- Monitor broker preferences to determine focus of sales efforts
- Manage quality of Brokers business, productivity and overall sales performance
- Formulate and implement strategies that ensure brokers are well versed Britam products
- Participate in formulating and implementing any marketing activities and promotions
- Visit brokers and ensuring their needs are met as well as receiving comments and suggestions on improvement on the products
- Drive the achievement of the annual, quarterly and monthly production budgets and recruitment targets
- Deliver on performance requirements as defined in sales department strategy map, balanced scorecard and personal scorecard.
Key Performance Measures
- Broking business retention ratio
- New business from brokers
- Success rate in engineering and fire
- Number of brokers with signed incentive schemes
- Revenue from top five brokers
- Recruitment of new productive brokers
- Working Relationships
- Responsible for staff working under this position
- Required to liaise and work closely with the other departments as may be necessary
- Britam customers
- Insurance sector players
- TIRA & other regulatory authorities
Knowledge, experience and qualifications required
- Bachelor degree (marketing & insurance options preferred)
- Professional qualification in Insurance (Dip CII or equivalent qualification)
- Seven years’ experience in sales three of which must be in a supervisory level (insurance sector preferred)
- A demonstrated track record in managing relationships with brokers to ensure sustained business support.
The deadline for submitting the application is 30 April 2022.