Edwards Vacuum Tanzania vacancies; Edwards is a leading developer and manufacturer of sophisticated vacuum products, exhaust management systems and related value-added services. Edwards solutions are integral to manufacturing processes for semiconductors, flat panel displays, LEDs and solar cells. They are also used within an increasingly diverse range of industrial processes including power, glass and other coating applications; steel and other metallurgy; pharmaceutical and chemical; and for scientific instruments in a wide range of R&D applications.
Edwards has over 7,000 employees worldwide engaged in the design, manufacture and support of high technology vacuum and exhaust management equipment. Edwards has state-of-the-art manufacturing facilities in Europe, Asia and North America.
- Assisting and supporting the Contracts Manager.
- To effectively handle all aspects of a contract from receipt of the order into the contracts department to commissioning, ensuring that the projects are delivered as sound engineering solutions produced on time, to specification, within budget and in accordance with the agreed delivery terms and conditions.
- Managing the change process throughout the contract to ensure the negotiation of price and delivery changes are carried out whenever possible maximising revenue and OPR and negating the application of liquidated damages. Close liaison with Sales and the Contracts manager will be required to achieve this.
- Preparing and maintaining the Project Workbook cost spreadsheet for each project, monitoring costs to ensure overspends on contracts are minimised and that OPR is maximised.
- Estimating product lead times and preparing detailed production/resource plans and progress reports to follow the project to an on-time delivery.
- Preparing or overseeing the preparation of technical and commercial documents, drawings, material requisitions, quality plans, production / documentation schedules and the like, throughout the contract ensuring the content is accurate, on time and of a consistently high quality.
- Liaising with clients and suppliers throughout the contract to ensure their / our requirements are clearly understood and organising/attending inspection visits.
- Liaising with internal resources throughout the contract duration to ensure all deliverables are coordinated and supplied in a timely and professional manner.
- Handle all contractual issues that arise during the execution of a contract liaising with all parties as required to reach effective and timely solutions.
- Preparing manufacturing databooks for the contract, as required.
Skills/ knowledge/ experience
- Experience of systems engineering preferably gained in a process / chemical engineering background.
- Demonstrated ability to be self managing and motivated and lead resources successfully whilst working well in a team environment and demostrating good customer / peer / supplier relationships.
- Knowledge of working with engineering contractors, knowledge of vacuum technology would be an added advantage.
- Knowledge and working experience of international design standards and codes is preferred
- Ability to travel and communicate effectively with internal and external customers on a professional level.
- Other requirements (Fluent written and spoken English language; expected travel requirements ~ 15% of time (% depending where the candidate is geographically located)
- Computer literate including effective use of MS Office software, including Microsoft Project.
- Effective team player with ability to work independently and take responsibility for decisions made.
- Recognised Management/Leadership accreditation (such as APM, PRINCE2, PMP, etc.) preferred, but not essential.
- Ability to communicate and interact effectively with the management and employees at all levels
- Experience and ability to work in a multi-cultural environment
- Strong Scheduling and Time Management.
- Ability to manage risks.
- Strong organizational skills and strong attention to detail, capable of managing multiple tasks and deadlines
- Strong focus on quality, accuracy, deadlines and orderly work.
- Ability to cost manage, define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions and solutions.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from management, the local teams and customers.
- Clear decision making and good leadership of the project teams.
- Act and think strategically and proactively.
- Empower for initiatives, take ownership, and raise red flags in case needed
- Ability for regular regional and occasional overseas travel.
APPLY HERE: https://tz.linkedin.com/jobs