BC Ferries Canada Vacancies; We’re proud to be one of the largest ferry operators in the world, moving more than 60,000 customers and 23,000 vehicles throughout coastal BC every day.
For 60 years, we have been dedicated to providing safe and efficient travel to our customers.
Our role as a ferry transportation provider goes beyond getting passengers from point A to B. With 25 routes throughout the west coast of BC, we serve as advocates for the coastal environment and communities where we operate.
Operations began in 1960 with just two ferries providing service on a single route. Today we have 39 ferries moving more than 22 million passengers and 8 million vehicles every year.
Who We Are Looking For
BC Ferries is seeking an experienced communications professional to provide exceptional corporate and external communications in support of company-wide programs and projects. As Communications Manager, you must be a skilled writer to produce a variety of print and electronic communications to promote media, customer, stakeholder and community relations. You have the ability to translate technical material and terminology into plain language for public consumption.
Communicating corporate initiatives to our customers and British Columbians will be the primary role. The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Developing communications strategies and plans for corporate and external initiatives
- Researching, writing, editing and distributing a variety of communications materials varying from news releases, backgrounders, communications plans, reports, correspondence and newsletters to corporate website content
- Proactively pitching a variety of stories to the news media and managing communications strategies for various company-wide initiatives
- Developing a thorough understanding of our business and operations so as to prepare speeches and presentations for executive
- Managing workload while supporting several projects simultaneously, working in close collaboration with project managers and key stakeholders
- Acting as corporate spokesperson from time to time
- Handling the media line on alternating weekends in the event of an emergency or operational incident.
We are looking for team members who have the ability to work independently and produce complicated, high profile communications products that require little revision. Requirements of the candidate include the following:
- An undergraduate degree, certificate or diploma in journalism, public relations, applied communications or a related discipline. Minimum of five years’ experience working in public relations, corporate or government communications, or a media newsroom.
- Knowledge of current trends in print, electronic communications and social media
- Experience working with senior executives and members of the media
- A self-starter who takes initiative and requires little supervision
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and project management skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Suite, including Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Ability to work collaboratively and in a team.
APPLY HERE : https://ca.linkedin.com/jobs