Barrick Gold Corporation vacancies; Our mission is to be the world’s most valued gold and copper mining business. We are committed to partnering with our host countries and communities to transform their natural resources into tangible benefits and mutual prosperity.
With operating mines and projects in 18 countries, Barrick’s highly diversified workforce is drawn almost entirely from our host nations and equipped with world-class skills. We set the gold standard in sustainability by embedding environmental, social and economic considerations into all of our business decisions.
The company’s shares trade on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol GOLD and on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbol ABX. Learn more at www.barrick.com or follow us on LinkedIn .
- Ensure safe work practices, i.e. attending compulsory safety courses and meetings, use of required PPE, incident/accident reporting and ensuring total adherence to all Safety, Occupational Health and Environmental Policies, as well as other relevant policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Ability to test rigging to ensure safety and reliability.
- Ability to test mechanical systems to ensure proper functioning.
- Ability to attach loads to rigging to provide support or prepare them for moving, using hand and power tools.
- Ability to select gear such as cables, pulleys, and winches, according to load weights and sizes, facilities, and work schedules .
- Ability to control movement of heavy equipment through narrow openings or confined spaces,
- Tilt, dip, and turn suspended loads to manoeuvre over, under, or around obstacles, using multi-point suspension techniques.
- Ability to attach rigging to objects so they can be moved & Align, level, and anchor machinery.
- Manipulate rigging lines, hoists, and pulling gear to move or support materials such as heavy equipment, ships, or theatrical sets.
- Ability to attach pulleys and blocks to fixed overhead structures such as beams, ceilings, and gin pole booms, using bolts and clamps.
- Ability to dismantle and store rigging equipment after use.
- Ordinary level certificate – Form IV and above level
- Trade qualification as rigger/ropes man at a recognized institution
- Valid driving license.
- 5 Year experience as an appointed rigger / ropes man, post trade, at a large deep level mine.
Skills / Knowledge Requirements
- Excellent communication in English, both writing and verbal
- Hazard identification and Risk assessment
- Mine health &Safety Act awareness.
APPLY HERE ; https://tz.linkedin.com/jobs