Alistair Group Tanzania Vacancies; Alistair James founded Alistair Group in June 2008. Since then, the Company has gone from strength to strength and now boasts a large fleet suitable for all types of transport as well as a dedicated team of logistics experts and trained drivers. Today, Alistair Group operates a large fleet of trucks and a wide range of material handling equipment in locations throughout Sub-Saharan Africa.
Alistair Group self-delivers a variety of logistics solutions with core competencies in air, sea and road freight, clearing and forwarding, rig moving, yard services, material handling and equipment hire. We are locally incorporated and have expanded to various locations throughout Africa. Our team has years of experience running efficient and fully compliant operations in Central, Sub-Saharan, East and South African regions. We are experts in providing safe and efficient transportation and logistics services whilst being the integrated logistics supplier of choice to various blue-chip companies.
Also read BC Ferries Canada Vacancies, july 2023
Accountabilities & Responsibility
- 3 – 5 years of experience working in the Mtwara Port and a good relationship with the Tanzania Port Authority.
- Responsible for the operation of the Alistair Freeport facility in line with Alistair Group policies
- Assess theavailabilityofpace andpreparestacking/storageplanspriorto programming/contingency commodities arrivals
- Produce and Monitor the progress of all incoming and existing consignments.
- Supervise the receipt and inspection of all arriving consignments.
- Supervise the inspection and release of all departing consignments.
- Monitor the quantity and quality of commodity (ies) stored.
- Carry out regular physical random warehouse checks of commodities and inventory.
- Develop warehouse facility operations policies and procedures and communicate this information to staff/group.
- Direct and control corporate governance and regulatory compliance procedures within the warehouse operations department.
- Perform day-to-day administrative tasks such as maintaining files and processing paperwork (Import/Export/Bin Card).
- Produce weekly and monthly inventory reports.
- Ensure that accurate and complete accounting, reporting and internal control systems are functioning and that all relevant records are properly maintained.
- Perform other work-related tasks as required as assigned.
- Ensuring the company Receiving SOP is strictly followed at all times
- Inventory management (routine stock checks and count)
- Warehouse mapping, and stock count report (internal – once weekly)
- Twice daily internal updates on warehouse status
- Casual labour management
- Equipment maintenance and refueling
- HSSEQ Compliance
- Coordination of operators
- Briefing on warehouse operations
- General warehouse upkeep and housekeeping
- Management of petty cash
APPLY HERE: https://tz.linkedin.com/jobs